Sunday, November 11, 2018

Brian Boehringer

I met Brian Boehringer at the Four Points by Sheraton Suites in Tampa, Florida on November 10, 2018. Brian was part of the New York Yankees Fantasy Camp and was about to attend a banquet as the camp was coming to a close. I spotted Brian coming down the glass elevator and I went to approach him in the lobby. Brian stopped to chat with a couple of guys that were attending the camp along with former teammate, Shane Spencer. Brian didn't see my seven year old son and I at first as he was conversing. I didn't want to interrupt, so my son and I waited patiently. Brian used quite a few choice words, all in good fun. He turned around and saw my son and I and was incredibly apologetic.  I laughed it off and told it wasn't a problem. As he continued to apologize a second time, I said, "You can make it up to us, if you'd like". He replied, "How so?" -"You can sign an autograph for us!" I said. He was shocked that my son and I had cards of him from his Minor League days. Brian signed my 1993-94 Fleer Excel baseball card.

No comments:

Post a Comment