Saturday, May 15, 2021

Francisco Lindor


 I took my brother and son to see the New York Mets play the Tampa Bay Rays at Tropicana Field on Friday, May 14, 2021. I told my son, due to the Covid19 pandemic, not to expect to get any autographs. He had hope, but I thought I was being more realistic. I brought a binder with some cards and 8x10 pictures, just in case and to make my son feel better on the off chance we could get close enough to ask players for autographs. Prior to the game, we weren't too far from Jacob deGrom. My son had his picture and sharpie in hand, but all he received was a look and a wave. Reality then sunk in to my son and we went and took our seats moments after the National Anthem. After the game, the three of us were walking around the stadium to get to the parking lot to head home for the night. We saw a group of Mets walking, but were behind a fence. It was very dark and we were too far away. Francisco Lindor had recently dyed his hair green and was easily spotted by us. He began walking in a different direction from his team and we quickly realized, he was coming our way! I told my son, "Now's your chance!". I handed my son his card and the blue sharpie and he called out his name. Francisco walked over to us and signed both of our cards! The card pictured above is a 2018 Bowman. We are absolutely thrilled to add his autograph into our collections!

No comments:

Post a Comment