Monday, May 8, 2023

John Lannan

I met John Lannan on Sunday May 8, 2023 at an 11u baseball tournament in Plant City, Florida.
John had a son on the team and was getting ready to watch the game. I only had one baseball card and being that my son and I both collect autographs, the one card always goes to him. As John signed the card right before my son's game began, I said to John, "Odd question, but... My son and I collect autographs. I only have the one Upper Deck card. Would you happen to have any?" He said that his wife was coming later, and he'd have her bring one! Sure enough, later in the day, he hands me this 2012 Topps baseball card! He also was very complementary of my son's skill level on the field and asked where he normally plays. I told him "He plays for the Wily Mo Dragons". His response, "Wily Mo? As in, Wily Mo Pena?" -Yes! John added, "He wanted my number (26) when he came over to the Nationals from the Red Sox and bought me a suit for it! Tell him I said hi!"

 

No comments:

Post a Comment