Friday, June 21, 2024

Jon Lester


Jon Lester signed these two 8x10 pictures for my son and I at Aviation Sports Complex in Marietta, Georgia on Friday June 21, 2024 as he was leaving following my son's travel baseball teams win during a 12u Perfect Game World Series baseball tournament. I was prepared because one of the parent's on my son's team had mentioned in the past that he's a close personal friend of Jon's and that Jon might show up since he lives close by. During the 5th inning of a 6 inning game, my son tells me from the on-deck circle that Jon was here watching. I hadn't even noticed! I immediately went to my car to grab a book holding these two pictures. As soon as the game ended, I expected Jon would hang around and congratulate the team on their victory. Instead, Jon was already heading towards his car to exit the complex. I approached him and mentioned that my son was on the Dragons team and had asked me to try get an autograph. Jon complied, although he didn't appear to be enthusiastic about it. Nonetheless, my son and I have added another future Hall of Famer into our collections! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment