Tuesday, July 28, 2026

Clay Holmes

Clay Holmes made a rehab start for the St. Lucie Mets on July 28, 2026 at TD Ballpark, the home of the Dunedin Blue Jays. Clay was working his way back from injury with the New York Mets. I didn't have high hopes of getting Clay's autograph. When he first emerged from the visiting team clubhouse, the small group waiting for him asked him if he would sign an autograph. He didn't look up, or respond at all. After warming up in the bullpen he walked to the dugout. Nobody asked him as he looked focused. It was clear he wasn't going to stop. When Clay came out of the game, looking like he'd grab the win, the small group of us waited for him. He again, didn't respond as he jogged past us. We all moved to one more spot near the clubhouse to try again. Once again, he ignored our requests. The group I was with all decided to wait inside the ballpark, near the visiting clubhouse for him to come back out. I was the only one that went outside the ballpark and waited by the visiting team parking lot. After about a half hour or so of waiting, he came out. He brought his luggage to a white sport utility vehicle that happened to be next to where I was standing. Once he put his luggage away, I asked him for an autograph and he was kind enough to do so. I was the only one at the park to get Clay's autograph! Clay signed a 2025 Topps Chrome baseball card.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment