On Saturday September 26, 2026 Tampa Bay Buccaneers legend, Lavonte David was doing a meet and greet at ABC Fine Wine & Spirits from 3:30pm-4:30pm in Tampa. I was the seventh person in line.
At 2pm a staff member came outside to lay down some ground rules to those of us waiting in line. She said, no NFL licensed merchandise would be signed by Lavonte for contractual reasons. I had an 8x10 photo in a backpack. The employee specified, no jerseys, helmets, mini-helmets, etc. Nothing was mentioned about cards or pictures. An hour later, we were told Lavonte would not be signing anything at all. I was a unfazed by these ground-rules. I had met Ronde Barber at this same location for a meet and greet and the same rules were put in place then, however, Ronde ignored the rules and agreed to sign autographs for fans. I was hopeful the same scenario would play out with Lavonte. At 3:30 when I was able to meet with him, I asked him if there was anyway I could get his autograph. He told me he couldn't do it in the store, but added "If you wait for this to end, I'll take care of you". Lavonte was true to his word. Once the event concluded, he came outside and signed autographs for the small group of fans waiting and even thanked us for waiting.


No comments:
Post a Comment