Saturday, September 15, 2018

Chad Pinder



My son and I went to see the Oakland A's play the Tampa Bay Rays at Tropicana Field on Friday, September 14, 2018. Prior to the game, Chad Pinder came over by the third base dugout to sign some autographs. My son and I each had our cards ready. My son handed him his Bowman baseball card and Chad also took my 2017 Topps card at the same time. He signed both then put my son's Bowman card on top of mine, smearing the autograph completely instantly! Chad saw what happened and asked if I had another card for him to sign. I told me I didn't. My brother, Dan chimed in saying, "We only get one". There was another autograph seeker to my left and Chad noticed he had several cards of his. Chad told him he'd sign all of his cards if he would give one of them to me! The man agreed and I ended up getting Chad's autograph on a 2018 Topps baseball card! I thanked both Chad and the stranger for this!

No comments:

Post a Comment