Saturday, March 7, 2020

Bo Bichette


The first time we met Bo Bichette, was on December 13, 2014 at USF's Magnolia Fields during Sam Fuld's Slam Diabetes wiffle-ball tournament, along with Bo's brother, Dante Bichette Jr. and their father, former MLB all-star Dante Bichette. They were all kind enough to pose for a picture with my son!
Bo signed a 2016 Bowman baseball card for my son and I at Englebert Complex, the Minor League Training facility for the Toronto Blue Jays on March 26, 2017. On that day, my son was 6 years old and had Bo Bichette's name mixed with Boba Fett from Star Wars.
When my son asked Bo for an autograph, he approached Bo and said, "Bobo? Can I have your autograph?!" Bo laughed and said, "What did you call me?!" I chimed in and said, "He's getting your name confused with Boba Fett". He laughed and signed both of our cards!
On July 30, 2017 we caught up with Bo again while he was playing for the Dunedin Blue Jays. Bo posed for a picture prior to the game at Dunedin Stadium and even told my son he liked his shirt. 



No comments:

Post a Comment