Sunday, April 4, 2021

Bernie Williams

I met Bernie Williams outside of the Bilheimer Capitol Theatre in Clearwater, Florida shortly after 10pm on Saturday April 3, 2021. Bernie had just finished performing a musical concert and was kind enough to sign a 1991 Upper Deck baseball card! I unfortunately was not able to see him perform as I only learned of the concert the day before, but was able to catch him outside of the venue as he was leaving. I also discovered what the letters, "SDG" meant which he signed below his signature by doing some online investigating. Bernie says on his website, www.bernie51.com "One of the most common questions I have been asked for years is what are the three letters I write under my name when I sign an autograph. Well, in approximately my second year or so in professional baseball, I began adding the letters SDG to anything I signed for someone, and have done it ever since. It stands for "Solo a Dios la Gloria"... which in Spanish means, 'Only to God the Glory'."
 

No comments:

Post a Comment