Friday, January 12, 2024

Juan Francisco

Juan Francisco seemed to be one of the toughest autographs to obtain! Each time I'd seen him which had been quite a few prior to finally getting him, he would ignore each request. In March, 2017 he was sent down to the Orioles Minor League Spring Training camp at Buck O'Neil Baseball Complex in Sarasota, Florida. On March 16, 2017 Juan was heading out of the clubhouse to his car, my son and I had asked him. He again, refused to acknowledge us and continued walking. He sat in his car for about 10 minutes which was parked close to mine. Another player had come out of the clubhouse and asked if we had any luck getting signatures. We said for the most part, yes. He then asked who we missed. I told him Juan Francisco, but I also mentioned that I didn't think he wanted to be bothered since he had a reputation of not signing autographs. The ball player, then took my son's and my card out of my book and knocked on Juan's driver-side window! Juan cracked open his car door and the player handed him the cards... Not the way I would've preferred, but the autograph has now been obtained and I'll never need to ask Mr. Francisco again!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment