Saturday, April 14, 2018

Darren Daulton

I met Darren Daulton on April 20, 1995 at Jack Russell Memorial Stadium prior to a Spring Training night game against the Cincinnati Reds in Clearwater, Florida. I was the bat boy for the club that day and although I knew it was against the rules to ask for an autograph, I begged the clubhouse manager, Frank Coppenbarger to let me ask Darren for this one autograph. To my surprise, Frank agreed! I walked into the Phillies clubhouse with my Beckett Baseball Card Monthly magazine and a sharpie in hand. I approached Darren at his locker and asked him for an autograph. He agreed and was very friendly with me. I asked if he would personalize it to me. Gregg Jefferies, a teammate of his over heard and joked by saying, "Could you make it out 'With Love'?" Thankfully he ignored the comment! 

No comments:

Post a Comment