Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Brandon Duckworth

I first met Brandon Duckworth in 1998 when he was pitching for the Clearwater Phillies. I was a clubhouse attendant at that time. I was finally able to get his autograph on March 16, 2019 as he was walking into Spectrum Field, the Spring Training home of the Philadelphia Phillies in Clearwater, Florida. Brandon is scouting for the New York Yankees. My brother, Dan advised me to bring a card of Brandon as he had seen him at several Phillies Spring Training games. Once again, my brother was right! As Brandon was signing my card, I mentioned, "I should've had your autograph a long time ago. I was your clubby when you played for the Clearwater Phillies." Brandon looked at me and said, "Holy shit, you're right!". It was pretty cool for him to actually recognize me after not seeing me since 1999. Brandon signed my 2002 Fleer Box Score baseball card.

No comments:

Post a Comment