Thursday, March 28, 2019

Pete Alonso

My son and I drove down to Port St. Lucie, Florida on May 27, 2017 with the intention of getting an 8x10 picture signed by Yoenis Cespedes as he was rehabbing with the team. Yoenis, however wasn't there that day. Pete Alonso was the only autograph my son and I were able to obtain that day. Not a bad one to get! Pete is a big power hitting first baseman that truly impressed through-out his Minor League career and looks to make a big splash at the Big-League level!  Pete signed a 2016 Bowman baseball card just before the start of a game between the Clearwater Threshers and St. Lucie Mets.



On Saturday January 14, 2023, my son and I attended an event at Plant High School hosted by Pete Alonso called Battle For The Bay. A Home Run Derby, where Pete played in high school.
After the event, Pete came over and signed an 8x10 picture for my son and I!
The picture of Pete kissing his Home Run Derby champion trophy belongs to my son and the other was for me. My son and I usually stick to our strict rule of one autograph per player and never bothering them again, however, Pete is one of baseball's biggest stars, and we're huge Mets fans. My son and I wanted to have a picture we can frame and display on our walls.
Pete's autograph has changed slightly since we first met him back in 2017, but nonetheless, still very excited to have him in our collections!

No comments:

Post a Comment