Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Nick Pivetta


I met Nick Pivetta at Carpenter Complex, the Minor League training facility for the Philadelphia Phillies during Spring Training on March 16, 2019. Nick was sitting down waiting his turn to take batting practice prior to a Spring Training game against the Houston Astros. I had asked Nick if he would sign an autograph for my son and I. Nick said he would after BP. A few minutes later, Nick came over and said, "I've got some time, I'll sign for you now". My son and I were thankful as we pulled out our 8x10 pictures. A random teenager walked over as Nick was signing the pictures. The teen said to him, "Can I have your batting gloves?" Nick looked at him with hesitation then said, "No. -Do I go to your house and ask you for things?"  I couldn't help but to laugh as the kid asked a stupid question... What answer was he expecting?

No comments:

Post a Comment