Thursday, September 10, 2020

Silvio Censale


 I first met Silvio Censale, a hard-throwing lefty in 1996 when I was a bat boy for his team, the Clearwater Phillies. Silvio signed a 1995 Fleer Pro Cards baseball card from the Piedmont Phillies team set. I remember Silvio used to crack me up by how ridiculous and crazy he was! For instance, on several occasions, he'd emerge out of the showers in the clubhouse with his junk tucked between his legs, arms spread out to the side and would loudly project his voice like an opera singer with, "LAAAAAAAAAAAA!" I don't know why, but I would laugh every time. Another time, we had a storm rolling in. The sky was filled with dark clouds and booming thunder. Silvio walks out by the bullpen wearing nothing but a towel, as he just finished taking a shower. He yells out, "It's coming!!! It's a twister!!!"....The movie Twister had come out that year, so the relevance was funny at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment