Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Tim Raines



 Tim Raines signed this 8x10 picture for me on September 24, 2016 at Englebert Complex, the Toronto Blue Jays Minor League training complex in Dunedin, Florida during Florida Instructional League. Tim, at the time was already long overdue for his Hall of Fame induction, but was inching closer to the 75% threshold required by the BBWAA for enshrinement. When he was signing this picture, I made the comment, "2017 HOF has a nice ring to it!" He immediately shouted out loud with a bit of laughter in his voice, "YEAH BUDDY!!". Rock received the call later in 2016 that he would in fact be inducted into the National Baseball Hall of Fame in 2017! The picture below the autograph, is of my son with the legend himself! Tim and my son posed for this picture during Minor League Spring Training on March 22, 2015. Tim signed an 8x10 picture for my son on that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment