Monday, January 1, 2018

David Wright

I first met David Wright in January, 2015. I heard David, along with several other Mets players were working out at Tradition Field in St. Lucie, FL. I arrived at the stadium around 8:30AM. The parking lot was empty so my son and I stayed in the car. Around 8:45AM, David Wright parks right next to me! My son and I got out of the car and asked him for an autograph. Nobody else was around so we figured it would be pretty easy. David shocked us by saying, "Sorry guys, not today." Two years later, in January 2017, we saw him again... He was in his truck, pulling out of the players parking lot. I told my son not to get his hopes up. David again shocked us by stopping to sign! My son was 4 at the time, felt he should remind David of the encounter back in 2015!! He said, "Last time we saw you we asked you for an autograph and you said NOT TODAY!" Luckily for us, David had a good sense of humor about it as he laughed it off and apologized. David signed an 8x10 picture for each of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment