Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Jim Thome

I met Jim Thome in 2005 at Bright House Networks Field in Clearwater FL. Jim was rehabbing with the Clearwater Threshers, the Class A affiliate of the Philadelphia Phillies. Jim signed this jersey for me right after he finished doing his stretches on the left field line. A few minutes later, a heavy rain came and the game was cancelled before the gates were even open. I ran into the clubhouse for shelter. I was a former clubhouse attendant, and was quite familiar with the people inside. Jim spotted me in the locker room and appeared surprised to see me in the restricted area. My former manager told Jim who I was. Jim was very down to earth and very friendly. He even asked me for advice on where to go in the area for a haircut. Jim was announced as a Hall of Famer on January 24, 2018.



On January 23, 2020 my son was lucky enough to meet this baseball legend! Jim Thome signed an 8x10 picture at Carpenter Complex in Clearwater, Florida as he was working as a baseball instructor during the Philadelphia Phillies Phantasy Camp!

No comments:

Post a Comment